In this issue of our newsletter, we will conclude our series on holiday hints and tips to help make sure your next holiday is stress free in the Ask Your Agent section below.
The Municipal budget to upgrade Plett Main road has been approved and work should start early next year. The upgrade will include new wooden sidewalks, modern streetlights and historic trails.
The huge traffic circle at the main Plett N2 entrance is almost complete, and will be ready for the 2005/6 season. The traffic circle will greatly improve the safety of this busy intersection, and especially help traffic flow into the industrial district across the N2 where more and more businesses are opening thier doors.
Ask your agent
Following on from the testimonial in our September newsletter, we conclude this series on important questions you should consider when making enquiries about holiday accommodation. These are the things you may not have thought about, but we know from experience are important.
1. Road noise can be a problem during busy holiday times. If you are very sensitive to noise, you should ask about this.
2. Bear in mind that the size of beds in the home you rent may not be what you are used to. Very tall people sometimes have a problem when they arrive and beds are standard size.
3. Construction activity normal stops around 15 December and commences around 15 January. However, it is not unheard of for construction to continue until just prior to Christmas of deadlines need to be met. Make sure your agent knows about construction activity in the area that you are considering staying, and has made contact with the builders to establish what thier plans are.
4. Stairs and balconies may be a problem for young kids and older people. Ground floor apartments are more popular for this reason. Property decriptions should state on what level the property is situated.
5. Boats and trailers do not go well with steep or curved driveways. Also, some body corporate developments do not allow boats inside the development. If you plan to bring your toys with you, find out about this.
December events in Plett
19 - 30 November - Matric Rave Party. For the first time a party tent will be erected on Central Beach, which will form the centre of attraction for this week long party. Shuttle buses will also be provided to transport revellers between Central Beach and town.
26 December - Mountain Bike Challenge. Contact Stewart at Plett Cycles for more information. Ph 044 533 3455
29 December - Kurland International Polo Festival - SA vs England test match
Aim of Our Newsletter
We aim to improve our customer’s holiday experience in Plettenberg Bay by making sure that they are informed of tourist related activities and by sharing our local knowledge of the area.